My 28' Power Trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by fluidformations, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fluidformations

fluidformations Fluid Formations Design

Hey there, steel is possible i guess, alloy would be much better though. the weight of steel would limit you to displacement speeds though

2. fluidformations

fluidformations Fluid Formations Design

Updated pics

Here are some pics of the new configuration allowing to sleep 2 or seat 5, much more 'mum friendly' boat.. There is also a pic with the old configuration in the water, note the bow is high as the 55L ballast tank is empty, when full the boat is at its maximum waterline length... Love to hear all your thoughts!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. pivertri

pivertri New Member

beware

To all whom it may concern when dealing with Gerrard be sure you dot all your "i's" and cross your "t's" I have had dealings with this person and have invested considerable time and money and have come out losing a large amount, I recieved a lot of promises and very little more, I cannot emphisise the importance of care before any money parts your pocket.

4. pivertri

pivertri New Member

Hmm Interesting

http://www.woodenboat.com/boatplansandkits/Eagle-46-Trimaran-527.html
    Have a looksee at this
    :?:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/multihulls/earth-race-14625.html
    :?::confused:
    this is quite interesting as well

Originally Posted by Chris Ostlind View Post
    Hi hwbd,

I have two power tris in development that you may find interesting. Both of these boats were originally designed for the smallest engine possible with max efficiency while driving the boats at a 12 knot cruising speed.

They could, of course, go faster, as long as one realizes that they will be sacrificing best economy for the extra speed.

The smaller of the two, at 24' LOA, is designed to carry two adult passengers on a 10/1 length to beam ratio hull.

The larger design is 30' LOA and designed for four passengers on a 9/1 hull.

Both designs are for stitch and glue plywood an have simple plywood and glass box beams for the akas. While both boats can take a modest inboard engine, they are designed for the power to weight ratios of four stroke outboards. Modifications to either boat for inboard power are within the scope of the designs as they were also meant to take electric drive systems.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.